Terms & Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR CURRENT PROMOTION
Current offers valid from 25/05/20 to 05/07/20
*Terms and Conditions apply. See in-store for more details.
*Floorstock offers are only valid instore. Cash & Card Only.
*Finance on Manager's Specials incur a surcharge. See in-store for more details.
Furniture Bazaar (ABN 97 600 949 321) is here to provide you a convenient and economical method browsing various Furniture products offered by Furniture Bazaar. By using this Site you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions. Please read them carefully. Your usage of the Site indicates your acceptance and understanding of these terms and conditions. If you place an order with Furniture Bazaar this also indicates your acceptance & understanding of these terms and conditions.
DISCLAIMER FOR PRODUCTS SOLD
Except as expressly stated herein, Furniture Bazaar makes no representations or warranties, either express or implied, of any kind with respect to products sold on the site. In no event shall Furniture Bazaar, its Directors, Employees and Representatives be liable for direct, indirect, consequential or punitive damages related to the products sold.
ABOUT YOUR ACCOUNT
When you activate an account with Furniture Bazaar, you will receive a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of this password at all times. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorised use of your password or account, if you believe that confidentiality of your password has been compromised or any other breach of security. All of your registration and account history information is kept on a secure server to protect your privacy from outside parties. All of your private information is used for the limited purposes of processing your orders, for statistical purposes to improve our site and services, to assist in our site administration and to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you.
Furniture Bazaar recommends that you choose an appropriate day for your delivery as we are unable to supply you with a specific time of delivery.
We are however able to provide you with an Estimated Time of Arrival. In the case of an absent household, your items will be returned to our warehouse. In this instance you will have to wait for the next available delivery date and an additional delivery fee would be payable.
We cannot be responsible for any late delivery or failure to deliver due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control. You will need to advise us of any changes in delivery instructions or circumstances.
At the time of delivery you or your representative will be asked to sign a form to acknowledge that the goods were delivered in good and proper condition. We will assume that anyone at the delivery address who receives the goods is authorised to receive them and provide the acknowledgement.
Where the purchaser requests the merchandise to be left unattended upon delivery, Furniture Bazaar accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage or theft that might occur thereafter.
All delivery charges are fixed as quoted. However additional charges may apply in circumstances where normal site access is not available such as deliveries involving stairs, Wellings not on ground level or where changes to delivery arrangements are notified to us less than 24 hours prior to scheduled time of delivery. Additional charges will have to be paid directly to delivery the driver. It is your responsibility to advice us at the time of sale any unusual delivery circumstances.
ABOUT PAYMENT & PAYMENT METHODS
All prices quoted on the site are in Australia Dollars and are inclusive of GST We accept all Visa, MasterCard, Bankcard, Diners Club and American Express. We also accept payment via Cheque, Money Order or Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT). Payments can only be accepted in store.
Payment in full (including finalisation of any lay-by arrangements) is required prior to delivery arrangements can be made, as payment on delivery can not be accepted.
- A minimum deposit of 30% is required to reserve the goods for you.
- Payments must be made at least fortnightly
- Your Layby is to be finalised by the due date, which is 4 weeks from the date of the Invoice. If these conditions are not complied with, goods will be transferred back to stock.
- Laybys are not exchangeable. No cash refund or exchange.
- If a Layby is cancelled by you, a credit voucher for all monies paid, less our administration cost of 20% of the total invoice value, will be issued.
- Delivery for this layby will be arranged once final payment has been made. Please allow anywhere up to 6 weeks for delivery. Quotes times are accurate at the date of order but may change due to reasons outside our control.
- A storage fee of 5% per month of the invoice value will be charged for Layby where the goods are not picked up or delivered after the layby period.
- A deposit of 20% is required if the goods purchased are to be ordered.
- Delivery charges and any guard it protection will be paid for by the customer on day of invoice.
ABOUT REFUNDS & RETURNS
If there is a fault in the furniture supplied to you please call the customer service department by 5:00pm the next business day after delivery on 1300 729 875 and they will arrange a technician to visit and inspect the fault or damage, if the fault or damage cannot be repaired then the furniture will be replaced for you if in stock or else a credit voucher for the similar value will be issued. However this will not apply to the extent that fault is caused by abuse, misuse, or damage through accident or neglect. Furniture Bazaar will not be liable if damages are not claimed within this time. For goods that are being picked up, Furniture Bazaar will not be liable after the goods have left our premises.
Cancellations must be advised directly to the store of purchase no later than three working days prior to the scheduled delivery date. We will not accept cancelled orders after this time. If an order is cancelled for any reason we will issue a credit voucher (less 20% cancellation charge of the total invoice value) which will be valid for a period of 12 months this can be used at any of our stores to purchase goods worth the same value of shown on the credit voucher, delivery charges will not be refunded if we attempted to deliver goods. There will be no refund on unused amount of credit voucher.
Please choose carefully as we don't normally give refunds if you simply change your mind or make the wrong decision. Exchanges and refunds can be given where goods have a major fault and cannot be replaced or rectified. Wrongly described or different from the sample shown to you or don't do what they are supposed to.
Furniture Bazaar goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. Full details of your consumer rights may be found at www.consumerlaw.gov.au.
WARRANTY AGAINST DEFECTS
1. Our warranties against defects and remedies under these warranties are in addition to other rights and remedies of the purchaser under the Australian Consumer Law.
2. Furniture Bazaar warrants that from the date of purchase, all Products (or components of Products as the case may be) will be free from defects in workmanship and materials for the Warranty Period described in your Tax Invoice.
3. Warranty Periods commence from the date of your Tax Invoice. If a Product is replaced under this Warranty, the Warranty Period for that replacement Product expires on the same date as the Warranty Period for the original Product
4.Unless excluded under clause 10, this Warranty covers all parts and materials of the Product found to be defective in manufacturing or materials during the applicable Warranty Period.
5. The warranty against defects is not transferable. It is limited to the original purchaser specified in the original Sales Order at the original delivery address. The warranty against defects only applies to products that are used for normal domestic purposes and excludes products used for commercial purposes
6. Where a “Major Defect” in the Product occurs within the first 12 months of a Warranty Period, we will at your option provide a full refund, replace the Product or repair it.
7. Where a defect in the Product is identified within the Warranty Period which:
a. does not constitute a Major Defect; or
b. is a Major Defect which is identified after the first 12 months of the Warranty Period.
we will at our option, replace the Product, repair the Product or provide you with a full refund.
8. A Major Defect occurs when:
a. the Product would not have been acquired by a reasonable consumer fully aware of the nature and extent of the defect; or
b. the Product departs in a significant respect from any description, sample or model; or
c. the Product is substantially unfit for purpose and cannot be easily remedied within a reasonable time; or
d. the Product is unsafe.
Scuff marks, fabric pilling, loose stitching, tears to dust covers, small tears, softening of foam and fillings and form the shape of the user, generally will not constitute a Major Defect under this Warranty.
9. Furniture Bazaar’s liability under this Warranty does not extend to:
a. damage, failure, fading, or deterioration (of the whole of the Product or its components) caused by normal wear & tear; or
b. damage (including corrosion) caused by improper use, assembly, placement, storage care or maintenance, including damage caused by failing to adhere to care instructions.; or
c. damage caused in circumstances where the Product has been used commercially or in a manner which is greater than, or exceptional to normal domestic use; or
d. breakage or damage to glass table tops or mirrors; or
e. damage caused by Acts of God; or
f. defects in Products sold “As Is” which have been brought to your attention prior to purchase.
g. the cost of transporting the Product to and/or from the specified place of repair or replacement.
How to claim
13. To make a claim under this Warranty, simply follow these steps:
a. Locate your receipt (or other proof of purchase reasonably acceptable to Us) which proves the date on which you purchased the Product.
b. Contact our customer service department on [email protected] or call 1300729875
WHY YOUR CONTACT DETAILS ARE IMPORTANT
We want to make sure you receive your purchases as soon as possible. Please be sure to provide your exact delivery address and telephone number. Incorrect information may cause a delay in processing your purchases.
WHAT IF WE ARE OUT OF STOCK?
We will contact you via phone within two working days of receipt of your full order and provide you with an estimated time when the product is expected to be back in stock. At this time you can decide to keep the item on back order in which case as soon as the product is in store it will be delivered to you. If we can't order any more of the items you have selected than you can replace the product with another one
ACCESORIES ON THE IMAGES?
Accessories displayed on the images are not included with in that particular items price, they can be purchased seperately
We have a competative pricing on our products, and our web site is connected live to our operations system, so the pricing on the website is up to date, however check the price validity period on our catalogue and any on going promotion Furniture Bazaar does not take any responsibility for the change in price between the duration of you viewing the price on the web site and when you come physically in store to purchase the item if the price is changed from the time you view the product on website
COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARK NOTICE
This site is owned and operated by Furniture Bazaar. Any and all material which appears on this site, including text, logos, graphics, images, photographs, icons, site design, graphics and other material (collectively the "Content") as well as the selection, assembly and arrangement thereof is subject to applicable copyright laws. Copyright © 2011, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Furniture Bazaar respects the Guidelines suggested by the Australian Direct Marketing Association, in it's Code of Practice for Consumer Protection in ecommerce. We also abide by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Platform for Privacy Preferences
Project (P3P). This policy is emerging as an industry standard providing a simple, automated way for users to gain more control over the use of personal information on web sites they visit. In line with those guidelines, Furniture Bazaar would like you to be aware of the information we collect to provide your service. We do not provide third parties with access to your personal data, with the obvious exception of third party business partners such as the Domain Name Registries.
INFORMATION COLLECTED BY FURNITURE BAZAAR
Your contact information, including:
- named individuals
- fax numbers and
- email addresses
- Information about what services you have ordered from Furniture Bazaar
- Information about what services you have enquired
- Your interest in receiving Furniture Bazaar email newsletters
- Correspondence between you and Furniture Bazaar
- A customer relationship management system in which details of conversations might be written by employees
- Encrypted credit card details
- Your accesses to our websites
WHAT FURNITURE BAZAAR DOES WITH YOUR INFORMATION
- We do not make your personal information available to third parties, with the obvious exception of third party business partners such as the domain name registries.
- We will contact relevant people to communicate billing and technical issues
- We store website data and email queued on our servers, only for use as back-up data should it be required
- We may customise our email newsletters and communications to reflect your interest in a particular service
- We access historic correspondence and details about earlier conversions in response to customer service issues and, to conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Furniture Bazaar
- We store encrypted credit card details to allow us to process the subscriptions to our services
- We monitor and store your online requests for webpage's and services for research and to keep a history of your transactions with the business (this might include recording the fact you set up and deleted an email account, or took a trial in one of our services, etc)